Chartwell Compliance’s team of former regulatory officials and business executives performs due diligence reviews related to investments, mergers, and acquisition activities in the U.S. and overseas. Our efforts include but are not limited to:
- Business strategy;
- State and Federal compliance;
- Payments licensure;
- Fraud and corruption;
- Safety and soundness;
- Corporate governance;
- Asset forfeiture and recovery; and
- Correspondent/third-party due diligence.
Chartwell specializes in performing due diligence reviews for investors, payment industry firms, technology providers, and financial institutions. Potential transactions include:
- Payment firms contemplating expansion, merger, acquisition, and funding;
- Mergers of equals;
- Financial institutions that possess excess capital and are looking to expand into additional markets;
- Department or portfolio purchases with banks that have decided to cancel a product or service line;
- Distressed banks seeking additional capital or those hoping to partner with a stronger entity; and
- Failed institutions acquired by the FDIC.
Chartwell’s expert team also allows internal management staff to focus on their current duties rather than attempting to perform due diligence in arenas outside their existing talent, training, and skillset.